SPA's objectives are listed in the SPA Constitution. They are re-listed here:
- To contribute to public awareness of the limits of Australian population growth from ecological, social and economic viewpoints.
- To promote awareness that the survival of an ecologically sustainable population depends on its renewable resource base.
- To promote policies that will lead to the stabilisation, and then to reduction, of Australia's population by encouraging low fertility and low migration.
- To promote urban and rural lifestyles and practices that are in harmony with the realities of the Australian environment, its resource base and its biodiversity.
- To advocate low immigration rates while rejecting any selection based on race.
- To help promote policies that will lead to the stabilisation, then reduction of global population.