NOTE: THE APPLICATION PROCESS IS NOW EXPIRED AND WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING ANY FURTHER APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSTION
In recent years, SPA’s social media presence has continued to expand. Online campaigning has become an increasingly important focus of our marketing and community outreach.
As such, we are seeking to professionalise our online media presence by employing a social media and promotions coordinator to join our Membership and Marketing team.
Does this sound like you? Or do you know any social media experts with a passion in sustainability? Please share the position description below. PDF version at the bottom of this post. Any questions, please feel free to email email@example.com
Position: Social Media and Promotions Coordinator
Type: Remote, Part Time/Contract (20 hrs./week) with 3 month probation period. Successful applicant will require an ABN and be eligible to work in Australia for taxation purposes.
Compensation: $30/hr. Paid monthly by SPA on receipt of invoice.
Report To: This position will be directly reportable to the Communications Manager and the Sustainable Population Australia (SPA) National Membership and Marketing Committee (MMC).
Description: Working within a dynamic small NGO, the Social Media and Promotions Coordinator will be instrumental in promoting the public profile of SPA. The main focus of this role will be to build SPA’s social media presence and community following. Additionally, the successful applicant will assist, where required, in the general promotion and planning of SPA campaigns in cooperation with the Membership and Marketing Committee (MMC).
This position will be suitable for any resident of Australia with access to a computer and internet access. For the most part, the successful applicant will work remotely. In addition to regular email based correspondence with the MMC, there will also be monthly MMC online meetings and regular phone meetings with the communications manager, who will be supervising this position. The position will require daily creation of social media content, but would otherwise be ideal for applicants who value part-time and flexible working hours.
The position is ideally suited to applicants who have a specific interest in environmentalism, population sustainability and limits to growth. A demonstrated knowledge of the impacts of overpopulation in Australia and abroad will be highly regarded. Experience in working for small volunteer based NGOs will also be valued. While not critical for the role, applicants with experience and an interest in graphic design would be highly regarded.
In addition to flexible working hours, this position offers competitive hourly remuneration with an opportunity to work alongside a dynamic and supportive team, working towards goals of critical importance to the environment and sustainability.
- A high level of demonstrated experience and competency in social media.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- A strong understanding of the issues regarding population policy in Australia and a strong alignment of values with SPA.
- Good knowledge of current affairs, current media mainstream environment and social media trends.
- Capacity to work flexible part time hours, remotely and independently.
- Access to own computer with reliable internet.
- Tertiary qualifications in Communications, Media or equivalent.
- Previous experience in online promotion and advertising campaigns.
- Experience with Graphic Design, including Photoshop or equivalent.
- Previous experience working within NGO environments, including collaborating within small volunteer based teams.
- An interest in environmentalism, conservation and steady-state or degrowth social movements.
- An Australian resident or citizen for taxation purposes.
- Has a current ABN.
- Existing or established relationships within the media or environmental sectors.
Send your resume and cover letter addressing all essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28th May 2022. Successful applicants will be invited to participate in a written interview process prior to an online meeting.
For more information:
Contact Michael Bayliss, Communications Manager at email@example.com